South Sudan Peace Agreement 2018 Full Text

The South Sudan Peace Agreement 2018 was signed on September 12, 2018, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, by South Sudan President Salva Kiir and opposition leader Riek Machar. This agreement was a significant event in South Sudan`s history as it marked the end of a five-year civil war that had devastated the country.

The full text of the South Sudan Peace Agreement 2018 is now available online, and it is essential for anyone interested in understanding the peace process and the future of South Sudan. In this article, we will take a closer look at the peace agreement, its contents, and what it means for South Sudan`s future.

The peace agreement is divided into ten chapters, each dealing with specific issues related to the peace process. The first chapter sets out the framework for the agreement, which involves a permanent ceasefire, the formation of a transitional government, and other measures aimed at ending the conflict.

The second chapter deals with governance, and it outlines the power-sharing arrangement between the government and opposition groups. The agreement states that the transitional government will consist of 35 ministers and 550 members of parliament, with the government holding 55 percent of the seats and opposition groups holding the remaining 45 percent.

The third chapter deals with security arrangements, and it outlines a plan for the integration of the various armed groups into a unified national army. This chapter also establishes a joint military command and control center, which will be made up of representatives from the government and opposition forces.

The fourth chapter deals with transitional justice, and it outlines mechanisms for dealing with human rights violations committed during the conflict. This chapter establishes a hybrid court, which will have jurisdiction over war crimes, crimes against humanity, and other serious violations of international law.

The fifth chapter deals with economic and financial arrangements, and it outlines measures aimed at stabilizing the country`s economy, promoting economic development, and improving the standard of living of the people of South Sudan.

The sixth chapter deals with humanitarian arrangements, and it outlines measures aimed at providing humanitarian assistance to those affected by the conflict, including refugees and internally displaced persons.

The seventh chapter deals with the issue of refugees and displaced persons, and it outlines measures aimed at facilitating their return and reintegration into society.

The eighth chapter deals with the issue of national reconciliation and healing, and it outlines measures aimed at promoting unity and reconciliation among the people of South Sudan.

The ninth chapter deals with the implementation of the agreement, and it outlines the mechanisms for monitoring and evaluating the progress of the peace process.

The final chapter deals with the amendment of the country`s constitution, and it outlines the process for making changes to the constitution to reflect the provisions of the peace agreement.

In conclusion, the South Sudan Peace Agreement 2018 is a significant document that lays the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for the people of South Sudan. It is essential for anyone interested in understanding the peace process, and its contents are worth studying in detail. As South Sudan moves forward, the implementation of this agreement will be critical, and the international community must continue to support the country in its efforts to ensure a lasting peace.